Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- With regard to all images/graphs/tables/illustrations used in my contribution, I have been granted permission by the copyright owner to use the material in my contribution to the online journal On_Culture: The Open Journal for the Study of Culture under Creative Commons (CC BY-4.0).
_Article submissions are subject to a double-blind peer review process in which the identity of the reviewer and the author are concealed from both parties.
Please only submit material that is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
Submitted _Articles must contain the following:
- Title page with full title and subtitle (if any), full name of each author with current affiliation and contact details,
- Biographical note of max. 100 words on a separate sheet,
- Abstract of max. 200 words.
Note that the length must not exceed 50,000 characters (incl. spaces).
_Essays provide critical overviews of literature related to the topic of a respective issue. If you have interest in submitting an _Essay please contact the Editorial Board directly: email@example.com
_Essays should be no longer than 25,000 characters (incl. spaces).
_Perspectives comprise all sorts of contributions (creative writing, interviews, opinion pieces, photo galleries, artwork, graphs, maps, etc.) in various media formats. Thematically, they are connected to the issue topics. They do not necessarily have to be submitted for the publication deadline of an issue, but can be submitted on a rolling basis. This means that you are also welcome to contribute to past issues with a _Perspective.